VW Restore ("SEN"-91 Westy) A Vehicle worth saving!
SEN as I've called my '91 WESTY is a solid GL model that I looked long and hard for. He needed some immediate attention after purchase in July of 2009 and a long list of items was devised, some that could wait until money and time allowed. The name SEN comes from the abbreviated letters of the date that I took possession. Sen spent most of his life in Japan from what I can gather so I have chosen the Japanese translation of SEN="Wizard" as the true meaning of the name. There are several meanings to the word SEN so Wizard seems to be the most fitting. I think he has some sort of Wizardly power to have avoided virtually any serious rust since her conception in 1991. Although the Vanagon is the farthest thing from it I think SHINKANSEN (Japanese Bullet train) is a worthy long version of the name SEN...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Paint and bodywork job done in Spring 2011; After dozens of hours of bodywork to fix previous poor damage and megabucks later SEN looks new again. Continental Auto Body of Calgary, Alberta did the work. Walter's Swiss expertise in bodywork and knowledge in Vanagons made him the obvious choice. He only uses German paints and matched the original Orly Blue perfectly. All rusty seams and window ports now look brand new.











No comments:

Post a Comment