VW Restore ("SEN"-91 Westy) A Vehicle worth saving!
SEN as I've called my '91 WESTY is a solid GL model that I looked long and hard for. He needed some immediate attention after purchase in July of 2009 and a long list of items was devised, some that could wait until money and time allowed. The name SEN comes from the abbreviated letters of the date that I took possession. Sen spent most of his life in Japan from what I can gather so I have chosen the Japanese translation of SEN="Wizard" as the true meaning of the name. There are several meanings to the word SEN so Wizard seems to be the most fitting. I think he has some sort of Wizardly power to have avoided virtually any serious rust since her conception in 1991. Although the Vanagon is the farthest thing from it I think SHINKANSEN (Japanese Bullet train) is a worthy long version of the name SEN...

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wheel Alignment finally done; Now Steering wheel is straight and new tires won't wear unevenly! Kayaks test fit on new racks for first time; Great fit and very secure!

1 comment:

  1. Hey T-rev, I saw a photo in your photobucket that had a tarp in front of the popup window. The picture is titled "Wilcox Creek, AB". What is that for, and does it work?

    ReplyDelete