Air conditioning decomission.

I decided to remove my air conditioning from the van;  Since I've owned SEN, the A/C has not worked and I have never regularly needed it.  There is quite a weight savings from removing the various components and best of all, I've gained some much needed storage space above the rear bench seat.  There is a routed groove that remains where the plastic a/c ducting sat against the vertical panel.  I saved the rubber seal that joined the plastic ducting with the wood panel and warmed it up, placed it back in, in reverse order to cover up the routed groove the best I could. Not having door on this storage compartment has proven, so far, not to be an issue.  I also replaced the rear vented (grated) wall that originally protected the condenser.  This serves to separate items like my car jack and jumper cables from more delicate items in the forward section such as clothes or games, etc.  In the bottom three photos you can see where I opened up the duct opening, glued down some formica counter top material and rounded the opening's edges with a router.


Comments

  1. As of July 2020 I have since modified this a/c cabinet a bit more in order to fit and store my solar panel. Photos in the solar panel post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts