More engine running issues.

Had some stalling lately at stop signs or lights;  dropped off  SEN at the local shop to diagnose the problem.  Apparently the AFM failed so had a used one installed.  Friday of last week I picked up the van after having replaced the gas tank, fuel filter, tank seals, catalytic converter and used Air Flow Meter with Tantulum capacitor.  Drove home, changed oil for first time since engine overhaul, then drove downtown and experienced the same "Vanagon syndrome" symtoms of stalling out.  ...So back in the shop; Apparently the used AFM failed too as well as my Idle Control Module.   Also, in diagnosing the running problem it was determined that my Ignition coil was way too hot to touch and as a preventative measure I had that replaced too.  Also had the Go Westy Transmission cooler installed, alleviating any fear that the original unit could fail and toast both my newly rebuilt engine and transmission.

Comments

Popular Posts