Solar panel project

I jumped on a recent sale for a 100W crystalline solar panel made by Noma.  It's a Canadian Tire brand and is probably a basic controller but the panel looks very good and comes with a stand as well as 10ft of cable extension, which I've cut in order to make a longer extension and wire in an external port at the back of the van.  I bought a two pin port as well as a matching two pin plug from Princess Auto and installed the female receptacle just left of the licence plate.  This placement has to be done carefully as there is coolant expansion and reservoir tanks just behind this hole.  I've placed the controller beside my newly added fuse panel under the sink and wired everything into the fuse panel.  For storage of the solar panel itself I have further modified the decommissioned air conditioning cabinet just enough to be able to hold it partially inside the cabinet and against the ceiling.
Thanks 





Solar Panel stowage project.  The decommissioned air-conditioning cabinet stores the new solar panel securely. I've drilled two holes in the upper bunk and hammered in T-nuts in order to screw in table levelling legs from below to hold the front end of the panel in place.






Comments

Popular Posts