Engine starting problem

 Went to leave for a camping trip this week and couldn’t get the engine to start. It was running fine the day before but wouldn’t start no matter how long I cranked it for.  I could smell fuel being exhausted and I was getting spark.  I cleaned the plugs, checked the distributor cap, cleaned up the contacts inside the cap, removed the air flow meter, checked the air filter, cleaned up the engine ground and still no luck.  I ended up getting a tow to the shop where it was discovered that he distributor mounting bolt had somehow come loose and the distributor unit had jumped up slightly and spun, knocking out the timing.  There was still enough friction inside to spin and create a spark just not at the correct time.  Once everything was reseated and secured it is now running properly.





Comments

Popular Posts